Recipe by MacChef
From Bon Appetite, this pudding and cake hybrid oozes and intense, sticky syrup that is great with a big dollop of whipped cream. Fantastic for the holidays!
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml clove
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml beaten eggs
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml water
- 177.44 ml packed light brown sugar
- 354.88 ml hot water
- 73.94 ml unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Whisk flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt in medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar in large bowl until blended. Beat in egg. Stir molasses and 1/2 cup water in a 1 cup glass measuring cup.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, butter mixture and molasses mixture together beating to blend. Repeat until all seperate mixtures are now one and transfer to prepared dish. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups hot water and melted butter in 2 cup glass measuring cup. Carefully pour over top of batter (don't worry, there will be lots of liquid on the top). Bake until gingerbread is cracked on top, about 45 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.