Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I was given this nice recipe, I have not tried it yet, but plan on soon!! Note: Feb 27, 2007 update: I made this cake finally, It was wonderful . The pudding part has wonderfully rich, light yummy layer. A very fine tasting cake!!!
- combine flour,baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add egg, mix well.
- alternately add the Flour mixture, molasses, and 1 cup of water.
- Blend together well.
- Pour into a 9x13 greased pan.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar on top of cake batter.
- in another bowl, combine, melted butter and 1 1/2 cups of hot water
- Pour on top of batter.
- Bake 40 -45 minutes or until the top cracks. Serve with whipped cream.
I added 1/8 teaspoon each of cloves and ground cardamon, as well as the grated zest of one orange. Everyone loved it with vanilla ice cream.