Kitchen Witch Steph's Note:
This stuff smells so good! I made this for the toddlers I watched last year as Christmas presents. It was a hit! I put dough in gingerbread themed cellophane bags with cookie cutters (bags were made by Wilton but Oriental Trading often carries similar). Attached a recipe card with a ribbon. I made the card with clip art with your standard word processing software but you could use stamps or gingerbread paper cut outs. Have fun!
My Private Note
ball of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put dry ingredients in a pot and mix well.
- 2Add water, oil, and food coloring. (red and green food coloring will give the dough a darker brown color).
- 3Cook 3-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and pulling away from the side of the
- 4Dump dough onto lightly floured surface and knead to desired consistency. Careful, it will be a little hot.
- 5Store in an airtight container.
- 6Notes: I like the less salty feel of the dough when only adding a 1/4 salt but then it should really be stored in the fridge.
- 7A half cup of salt will prevent the dough from molding and will allow you to store it at room temperature. Plus you can also dry and keep your dough creations.
Browse Our Top Non-Food Products Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Play Dough
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28306.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g