Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This stuff smells so good! I made this for the toddlers I watched last year as Christmas presents. It was a hit! I put dough in gingerbread themed cellophane bags with cookie cutters (bags were made by Wilton but Oriental Trading often carries similar). Attached a recipe card with a ribbon. I made the card with clip art with your standard word processing software but you could use stamps or gingerbread paper cut outs. Have fun!
- Put dry ingredients in a pot and mix well.
- Add water, oil, and food coloring. (red and green food coloring will give the dough a darker brown color).
- Cook 3-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and pulling away from the side of the
- Dump dough onto lightly floured surface and knead to desired consistency. Careful, it will be a little hot.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Notes: I like the less salty feel of the dough when only adding a 1/4 salt but then it should really be stored in the fridge.
- A half cup of salt will prevent the dough from molding and will allow you to store it at room temperature. Plus you can also dry and keep your dough creations.