Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
Kids and adults love it, serve with a dollop of sour cream or sweet whiped cream if you like.
Make and share this Gingerbread-Pear Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Spread 1/4 cup butter on bottom of 10 inch round cake pan or 9 inch square cake pan.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Arrange pear slices on top.
- Cream together remaining butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in molasses.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water, set aside.
- Sift together flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with dissolved baking soda to creamed mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Pour over pears.
- Bake in 350°F oven 50-65 minutes or until tester inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cake.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then invert a serving plate on top of pan and turn out upside-down onto plate.
- Serve warm.