Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A creamy parfait with gingerbread spices! Haven't tried this yet, am posting it for safekeeping for the holiday season - looks like it could be a delicious dessert! Cooking time is freezing time.
- 25 g butter
- 150 g treacle
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 egg yolks
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 10 kumquats
- Measure butter, treacle and the spices into a saucepan. Bring to boil and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Whip egg yolks lightly in a bowl. Add the hot treacle and spice mixture, whisking constantly. Keep whisking until the mixture is fluffy and has cooled down.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peak form. Add cognac and the treacle mixture, mix well.
- Rinse a freezer-proof mould with cold water, pour the parfait mixture into the mould and put in the freezer for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, wash and slice kumquats.
- Dip the mould briefly into hot water to release the parfait. Invert on a serving dish. Decorate with kumquat slices.