Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love gingerbread and love pancakes, then this is the recipe for you! They are truly delicious and healthy. Even my husband who does not typically like "healthy" foods loved them. I invented this recipe just because I was looking for something new. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup gingerbread mix (I used Hodgson Mills Whole Wheat Gingerbread mix)
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 egg (separated)
- 1 egg white
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg white in a medium size bowl, then add yolk and milk.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour by 1/4 cup measure onto hot griddle coated with cooking spray.
- I served these with fresh blueberry syrup. Mash 2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed) with 2 Tbs Splenda. Add a little lemon juice and maple syrup to desired sweetness and consistency.
It is very thin and the pancakes need to be cooked on very low. I ended up adding a 1/2c more of the Hodgson Mill Gingerbread Mix