1/3 Photos of Gingerbread Pancakes (Healthy, Whole Wheat, and Low-Fat)
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
These great little pancakes taste just like christmas! They are packed full of fibre from the ww flour and oat bran, iron from the molasses, and good fat from the pecans! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour or 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 7 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped bananas or 3 -4 tablespoons chopped apples or 2 -3 tablespoons cranberries
- 1Mix together dry ingredients. (You can do this the night before).
- 2In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients and brown sugar then add to the dry, mixing until just moist, folding in pecans and cranberries.
- 3If using cranberries, prepare as follows: Thaw if frozen. Cut in halves and place in bowl with sprinkle of white sugar. Toss in sugar then fold into pancake batter with pecans. (This cuts the tartness).
- 4Let stand for five minutes **Don't skip this step.
- 5Heat GREASED griddle to 350 while the pancake batter is standing.
- 6Pour pancake batter onto griddle, and lightly spread outwards with a spatchula. Due to the molasses, this batter can thicken quite a bit.
- 7Flip when bubbles form on top of pancake and edges are dry. Enjoy with maple syrup, caramel sauce, pear sauce, or applesauce.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Pancakes (Healthy, Whole Wheat, and Low-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 307.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g