Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves these pancakes with the syrup. I prefer them with just melted butter. Either way, we think they are delish.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Orange Marmalade Syrup
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- To make Syrup: mix together the syrup ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil and stir constantly; set aside.
- To make pancakes: Add the first 9 ingredients to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, add egg, buttermilk, butter, and molasses; stir to combine.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened (do not overmix).
- Spoon approx 2 tablespoons batter onto a hot lightly greased griddle or skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; flip pancake and cook other side.
- Serve with Orange Marmalade Syrup or just melted butter.
Very good and not overly sweet, my husband loves them. I made them as directed except I used 1/4 applesauce instead of an egg. I made the syrup with sugar free orange marmalade and sugar free maple syrup. I would make these again and thanks for posting!
fabulous! Made them exactly as directed, and they turned out perfect! Thanks for the great recipe!