1/3 Photos of Gingerbread Pancakes
Sue Lau's Note:
The smell of these is incredible. The kids will love it if you make them large enough to fit your gingerbread cookie cutter then cut them out. Fun food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and allspice.
- 2In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, oil, and molasses together.
- 3Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture, just until moistened, leaving it a little lumpy.
- 4Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and oil it lightly or coat with a small amount of shortening.
- 5Add batter, approx 1/4 cup at a time to the griddle, but do not crowd.
- 6Cook until bubbles appear and edges begin to brown, then turn them and cook the other side until lightly browned on the bottom.
- 7Transfer cooked pancakes to a platter and keep warm until all are cooked.
- 8Serve with chunky applesauce or apple pie filling and whipped cream, if desired; also goes good with poached pears.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g