Recipe by Mom.2.Three
When my husband and I were newly wed he would take me to the Omelettry in Austin, TX on a Saturday morning. The resturant always had a huge waiting list and these pancakes were the reason! I got this recipe from a copycat recipe site so I'm hoping they are as good as the originals!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Finally got around to making this, come together easy and LOVE the spices and flavors, when I first saw a full tablespoon of some of the spices I was a little worried but shouldn't have been - it was perfect. Followed the directions except for one small change - added chopped pecans to the batter and I think it just made it even better. Great fall breakfast
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brewed coffee
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream eggs and brown sugar together.
- Add buttermilk, water, and coffee.
- In separate container, sift together dry ingredients.
- Then combine first and second mixture and add melted butter.
- Cook on griddle as you would any other pancake, serve with maple syrup, honey, or molasses.