Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adapted Gooseberry Patch recipe
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grd. ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, disolved in 1/4 cup boiling water and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- In a med. bowl, Sift together dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat together wet ingredients.
- Mix dry in with wet ingredients, until just moistened. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Flip when bubbles form along edges.
- Serve with maple syrup. Yum!
Yummy! Easy to make, too. I did substitute cloves for the allspice because I didn't have any and it was still delicious!