Recipe by Trinkets
Surprise your family with healthier, delicious tasting pancakes! I once had gingerbread pancakes at a diner in Austin and loved them. So today I played around with my recreation. They were really good!
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄3 brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flours, oats, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In another medium sized mixing bowl add the eggs and whisk until lightly blended.
- Add the sugar and milk, oil, and half & half to the eggs and mix until well belended.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and, using a spoon, stir until just blended. *Don't over mix, there will be lumps.
- Let the batter rest a few minutes, 5-15.
- Then, on a hot, greased skillet spread large spoonfulls of batter at a time, careful not to crowd the skillet.
- Allow the pancakes to bubble up on top before flipping.
- Cook until done on each side and remove to a warm plate until ready to serve.
- Serve with melted butter, real maple syrup or fresh fruit syrup.