This is from Quick Cooking magazine. Yummy cross between oatmeal bread and gingerbread!
Make and share this Gingerbread Oatmeal Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread setting.
- Bake according to bread machine directions, but check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).