Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Your kids (and their parents) will love these.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- Grease twelve muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and baking soda in medium size mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl combine together the egg, milk, brown sugar, oil and molasses.
- Add all at once to the dry mixture.
- Stir just until moistened.
- The batter should be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 400°F for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups and let them cool.
These are spicier (read: more ginger) than the recipe for gingerbread that I use, but since I made them into mini muffins, it worked out well. I added some ground cloves and 1/4 teaspoon salt (because I don't believe in baking without it). I think these will be a regular for X-mas baking for me (although not the only time I will make them). Thanks for the recipe!