Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The taste of Christmas and the comfort of home all in one muffin. Serve warm with butter.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup mild molasses
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream margarine and sugar together in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add molasses and milk.
- Beat until mixed.
- Combine remaining 7 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add to margarine mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 375°F oven for about 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool.
- Company’s Coming Home for The Holidays.
These muffins were amazing! I was looking for a recipe that would be similar to the gingerbread muffins served at Jason's Deli restaurants, and this one was so close that it might as well be the same! Great molasses flavor with just the right amount of spices, not too sticky, not too dry. I did make them in a mini-muffin pan, which baked in 15 minutes. These are a hit in my house, my kids have asked I make them for breakfast regularly - thank you!
The flavor and texture was really good, but they sunk a little, next time I will decrease the baking powder to 1/2 tspoon or maybe it was because I filled the cups a little bit more than 3/4. I WILL BAKE THEM AGAIN
well these were delicious and i even made them into bran muffins.. i usually do to all my muffins by putting a mix of whole grain flour, wheat bran and germ in for the amount of flour asked.. and these turned out wonderful.. i put in a tsp of vanilla as well and mine were done in 16 min.. perfect!! smelled wonderful and tasted wonderful.. everyone was happy. i'll be keeping this one around.