Recipe by Olha
The taste of Christmas and the comfort of home all in one muffin. Serve warm with butter.
Top Review by Rebekah of SFD
These muffins were amazing! I was looking for a recipe that would be similar to the gingerbread muffins served at Jason's Deli restaurants, and this one was so close that it might as well be the same! Great molasses flavor with just the right amount of spices, not too sticky, not too dry. I did make them in a mini-muffin pan, which baked in 15 minutes. These are a hit in my house, my kids have asked I make them for breakfast regularly - thank you!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup mild molasses
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream margarine and sugar together in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add molasses and milk.
- Beat until mixed.
- Combine remaining 7 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add to margarine mixture.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in 375°F oven for about 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool.
- Company’s Coming Home for The Holidays.