- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 cups freshly brewed strong coffee
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- whipped cream, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the syrup: in a small bowl, mix the molasses, brown sugar, baking soda, and spices together; cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour ½ cup coffee and 1 tablespoon gingerbread syrup into each of 4 mugs, stirring until the syrup dissolves.
- Add 1 tablespoon half-and-half and an additional ½ cup coffee to each mug.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of ground cloves (or whatever spice you like).