Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com. Have not tried this, but it's been in my recipe binder forever. I must be ready for colder weather.
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- red sugar crystals (for decorating) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream together sugars, shortening, molasses, eggs and vanilla in large bowl; beat with electric mixer till smooth.
- In another large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and cloves; add dry mixture to wet, stirring as you add.
- Roll a portion of dough out on heavily-floured surface.
- Roll to under 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut cookies using a human-shaped cookie cutter or any other cookie cutter you want.
- Place cookies on oiled cookie sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies at a time!