Recipe by grandma2969
Easy to make and wonderful to eat. Decorate as you wish.
Top Review by alwayscookin
I tried this recipe as shown a couple of times & the cookies cracked on the surface every time. I tried putting a pan of water on the bottom level to add some moisture, same result. Lower oven temperature, baked for less time, no fail, it always cracked. After making, 50 gingerbread men cookies, I gave up & ended up covering the tops with icing. The children didn't mind & they tasted fine, but it was an awful experience.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces spice cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- assorted decorative candies
- raisins, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, flour, eggs oil and molasses and ginger in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended (mixture will be soft).
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with gingerbread man cookie cutter. Place cutout cookies 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate as desired using raisins or candies.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- Remove immediately to cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.