Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
This is a simple recipe for gingerbread "men". I got this from a friend a few years ago. This is the only gingerbread recipe I've found without molasses or corn syrup in it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Sift flour, soda, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing well.
- Roll out on a floured board, and cut with gingerbread men cookie cutter.
- Decorate with raisins, candied fruit or small candies.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 325°F, until browned (6-7 minutes).
- Decorate with icing after cooled.
This is awful, it didn't make gingerbread men like it says, it made a cake like mixture and it was no where near the consistency of dough.