Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My son's nursery school teacher gave me this recipe. Thanks Mrs. Bush.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup dark molasses
- Mix the first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and molasses to the butter and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Do not skip this step).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and shape, transfer to baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool for two minutes on sheets before removing, cool completely.