1/3 Photos of Gingerbread Men
This is a Delia Smith recipe so CANNOT go wrong with it! You may decorate it with currants or pipe on the icing after its been baked and cooled down or simply leave them plain.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/350°F/180°C.
- 2You will need 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3In a large saucepan, put in the brown sugar, golden syrup, treacle, all the spices and orange rind with 1 tablespoon of water.
- 4Bring them to boiling point, stirring all the time.
- 5Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter cut into cubes, and the bicarbonate of soda.
- 6Next stir in the flour gradually until you have a smooth manageable dough – add a little more flour, if you think it needs it.
- 7Leave the dough covered, in a cool place to become firm, approximately 30 minutes.
- 8Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick and cut out the gingerbread men.
- 9Arrange them on the lightly greased baking sheets.
- 10Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the biscuits feel firm when lightly pressed with a fingertip.
- 11Leave the biscuits to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- 12Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Men
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 62.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of