Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe calls for homemade ginger syrup but you can buy a commercially prepared version at specialty food stores (try the coffee aisle).
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
Martini (use 1/2-1 ounce of ginger syrup)
- 2 ounces vodka
- Directions for Ginger Syrup:
- Simmer water, sugar, ginger, cloves and cinnamon stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup through a fine sieve and chill.
- Let stand 20 minutes until using, so all sediment has settled to the bottom.
- Servings: Approximately 3/4 cup.
- Directions for Martini:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka and gingerbread syrup.
- Cover and shake vigorously until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Made your gingerbread syrup to use in this cocktail but as I was taste-testing it I could think of other uses too, like pancakes and scones, etc. Martini is very strong and very sweet at first taste but it either mellows out a bit (or maybe I did, LOL) and was really good choice for a cold winter's day. I'll be making these up at my next get-together so thanks, seahorse, for another good drink recipe.