This recipe calls for homemade ginger syrup but you can buy a commercially prepared version at specialty food stores (try the coffee aisle).
- Directions for Ginger Syrup:
- Simmer water, sugar, ginger, cloves and cinnamon stirring occasionally, until reduced to about 3/4 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup through a fine sieve and chill.
- Let stand 20 minutes until using, so all sediment has settled to the bottom.
- Servings: Approximately 3/4 cup.
- Directions for Martini:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka and gingerbread syrup.
- Cover and shake vigorously until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.