1/11 Photos of Gingerbread Man Cookies /House
This recipe can be used for cookies or for making a gingerbread house! Have fun and be sure to have lots of time if making the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm molasses in a saucepan or microwave, but do not boil just to soften. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted. Let cool.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- 3Add butter mixture and egg and mix well. Refrigerate at least one hour until dough becomes stiff enough to roll.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- 5Divide dough in half. Place each half between sheets of plastic wrap and roll out to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick. I also roll in between sil pads. And I find just rolling out on a slip pad is easy. Refrigerate one half while you roll out the other half, so dough is kept cold.
- 6For Cookies:.
- 7Dip the plastic cookie cutter in flour and cut shapes. I found without the flour was fine and had no problem with release from the metal cookie cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely on wire racks, then decorate cookies as desired.
- 8For houses:.
- 9Roll out dough right onto the bottom side of cookie pan or on a edge free cookie pan that is lined with parchment. Maximum thickness for dough should be 3/8-inch. For houses larger than 6 inches square, use 1/4-inch thickness and for smaller houses, use 1/8-inch. Weight-bearing walls should be just slightly thicker. Place the template and cut house pieces using a ruler to guide for smooth straight edges. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 10Proceed with decorating.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Man Cookies /House
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 234.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g