1/1 Photo of Gingerbread Made With Sour Cream
1 hr 10 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
ANNA’S GINGERBREAD from Anna Olson's Bakery Served with sweetened whipped cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml molasses
- 4.92 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 6.16 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml fine salt
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 177.44 ml boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180 C).
- 2Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- 3Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- 4Beat in molasses, lemon zest, then beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- 5Sift in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt, stirring until blended. Stir in sour cream, then boiling water.
- 6Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 40 –45 minutes, until a tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- 7Cool cake for 20 minutes, before turning out on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- 8Then enjoy with some sweetened cream or a nice lemon sauce.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Made With Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.9 mg
- Sodium 440.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g