Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
I have not tried this...YET! I love gingerbread and ran across this recipe in a magazine, so thought I would post it here so I didn't lose it!
Top Review by glatt rühren
Yum! I halved the recipe and omitted oil and it still came out great. I think the maple syrup (I used imitation) was terrific! This is a dense loaf, rising and rounding beautifully. While I like a fluffier bread, this is a great loaf option. With a cream cheese spread or icing, WOW!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, syrup and oil. Stir liquid into the dry ingredients, just until moistened(batter will be thin). Pour batter into two greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.