1/1 Photo of Gingerbread & Lemon Curd Trifle W/ Blackberry Sauce
Cristina Barry's Note:
Bobby Flay recipe from www.foodtv.com. I have yet to make this recipe, but I was intrigued by the different flavors, and colours. Hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Lemon Curd Filling
- 2 (11 ounce) jars prepared lemon curd
- 2 cups heavy cream, sweetened with
- sugar, and
- vanilla, beaten to soft peaks
- 1Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray 1 half-sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; spray paper.
- 3Sift flour and next 6 ingredients into medium bowl.
- 4Mix in crystallized ginger.
- 5Using an electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- 6Beat in brown sugar.
- 7Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- 8Gradually beat in molasses, followed by 1 cup boiling water.
- 9Mix in grated lemon peel.
- 10Gradually mix in dry ingredients.
- 11Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- 12Bake until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 13Transfer to a rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- 14Run a knife around the pan sides.
- 15Turn out onto a rack and peel off paper. Cool and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 16Blackberry Sauce:.
- 17Place blackberries, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and cook until the berries are soft and the sugar has melted.
- 18Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth.
- 19Pour through a strainer into a bowl.
- 20Stir in the framboise and lemon juice.
- 21Set aside until ready to use.
- 22To assemble:
- 23Using a trifle bowl, start with an even layer of gingerbread cubes, top with 1/3 of the lemon curd mixture, and 1/3 of the blackberry sauce.
- 24Repeat 2 more times.
- 25Top with remaining whipped cream.
- 26Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread & Lemon Curd Trifle W/ Blackberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.3
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 189.4 mg
- Sodium 482.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: