Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't spend insane amounts of money on flavored coffee from THAT store... do it yourself! Adapted from a recipe at The Kitch'n http://bit.ly/5Li1WP
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (2-inch long)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup hot espresso
- 1 cup hot milk or 1 cup soymilk
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla. Bring t a boil and boil slowly for 15-20 minutes. Add espresso and milk, and divide into 2 warmed mugs to serve. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Without THAT store in reasonable range here I cannot compare, but this is an excellent gingerbread latte! Very good flavor with the fresh ginger instead of the powdered one. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!