Recipe by budgiesntiels
This is another Mollie Katzen recipe. Mollie suggests making this batter the night before you want to use it and keeping it in the fridge. The batter will keep in a tightly covered container for 3 days
Top Review by LonghornMama
Good! Simple to make and we loved the gingerbread flavor. Not overhwelming, but nicely spiced. Would suggest mixing the spices with milk before adding eggs to make combining easier. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 -4 slices bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, ginger and all spice to the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a pie plate.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook until the bread is brown underneath.
- Flip the bread and cook the other side until brown.