Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is another Mollie Katzen recipe. Mollie suggests making this batter the night before you want to use it and keeping it in the fridge. The batter will keep in a tightly covered container for 3 days
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl.
- Add the milk, cinnamon, ginger and all spice to the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a pie plate.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook until the bread is brown underneath.
- Flip the bread and cook the other side until brown.
Good! Simple to make and we loved the gingerbread flavor. Not overhwelming, but nicely spiced. Would suggest mixing the spices with milk before adding eggs to make combining easier. Thanks for sharing the recipe!