1/32 Photos of Gingerbread (For Cookies or a Gingerbread House)
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
This dough is very easy to work with. We use this gingerbread to make our annual gingerbread houses. One recipe makes 3 fair sized gingerbread houses. This is also works excellent for gingerbread people. From Good Housekeeping Dec 94
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat sugar, molasses, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 2Remove from heat; stir in soda (it will foam up).
- 3Stir in margarine till melted.
- 4With a fork, stir in egg, then flour.
- 5On a floured surface, knead dough till mixed. Divide dough in half, wrap half with plastic wrap; set aside.
- 6Roll half the dough, with a rolling pin, slightly thinner than 1/4 inch.
- 7Cut with cutters.
- 8Bake at 325F on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- 9Makes about 3 dozen 3" gingerbread people.
- 10NOTE: We make houses by cutting out our house design (the 2 sides of the roof, two sides, a front and a back of the house) on graph paper, and then placing the graph paper shapes on the dough and cutting the dough shapes out with a knife.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread (For Cookies or a Gingerbread House)
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.8
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 103.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g