Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. It wouldn't seem like Christmas without making at least one batch of these cookies. My neighbors have come to expect them. We either cut them out with cookie cutters and then drizzle the white chocolate over them, or use a cookie press and dip them. The yield depends on the size of your cookie cutters.... Total prep/cook time (NOT bake time) is estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon cold water
- 1 lb white candy coating
- 3 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in molasses and egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon and cloves; add to the creamed mixture alternately with water.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a well-floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a cutter of your choice dipped in flour.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Don't overbake!
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave confectionary coating and shortening for 2 minutes.
- Stir; microwave for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth. Dip cooled cookies into white chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden, OR pour white.
- chocolate into pastry bag or ziploc bag.
- If using ziploc bag, snip a small end from one corner.
- Drizzle chocolate over cookies set upon waxed paper; let chocolate harden completely before handling.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.