Gingerbread Cupcakes W/Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter or line a 12 muffin tin.
- Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the sugar or Splenda. Add the molasses and the egg and the egg yolk.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot cocoa. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the hot cocoa mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly springy to the touch. Cool in the pan and move to a rack.
- To make frosting: Cream the 2 tablespoons butter and cream cheese, beat in confectioners sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract. Wait until the cupcakes are cool, then frost.