Sue Lau's Note:
Recipe originally from by kiwisoutbackk on ebay.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup prepared hot cocoa (adjust amount if needed)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter or line a 12 muffin tin.
- 3Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the sugar or Splenda. Add the molasses and the egg and the egg yolk.
- 4Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- 5Dissolve the baking soda in the hot cocoa. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the hot cocoa mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- 6Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly springy to the touch. Cool in the pan and move to a rack.
- 7To make frosting: Cream the 2 tablespoons butter and cream cheese, beat in confectioners sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract. Wait until the cupcakes are cool, then frost.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Cupcakes W/Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1018 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 57.3 mg
- Sodium 251.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: