Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe originally from by kiwisoutbackk on ebay.
Make and share this Gingerbread Cupcakes W/Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄4 cup light molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup prepared hot cocoa (adjust amount if needed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter or line a 12 muffin tin.
- Cream 5 tablespoons of the butter with the sugar or Splenda. Add the molasses and the egg and the egg yolk.
- Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the hot cocoa. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the hot cocoa mixture. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly springy to the touch. Cool in the pan and move to a rack.
- To make frosting: Cream the 2 tablespoons butter and cream cheese, beat in confectioners sugar until fluffy. Add the lemon extract. Wait until the cupcakes are cool, then frost.