Top Review by AmyJoV3
I doubled this recipe and made a cake instead because I was out of muffin cups. It turned out a bit dry, which may be due to the lack of egg yolks (not sure), but it did taste good. I iced the cake with a brown sugar icing. I would make it again, and experiment with the wet ingredients a bit to up the moisture.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Line eight 2 1/2 inch muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together th flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, soda, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the egg white, molasses, water, and oil.
- All molasses mixture to dry mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when pressed lightly in center.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack.