Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
Can be made vegan
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 1⁄2 cup light maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk
- 2 tablespoons yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour through salt.
- Wisk together wet ingredients (oil through yogurt) until well emulsified.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet, whisking to combine.
- Fold in lemon peel and crystallized ginger.
- Pour into tins, 2/3 of the way.
- Bake 17 - 22 minutes, until top springs back when touched or a toothpick comes out clean.
- When fully cooled frost them.