Recipe by grandma2969
these look nice with powdered sugar sifted through a doily on top..or can serve plain..only makes 12..they freeze well..
Top Review by bill mayes
Very easy recipe. It was vey moist and dense. My grandkids loved it. There was not a strong ginger taste but my Watkins ginger was old.Will do this again soon. Thanks fo posting
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mild molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.Line muffin tins with paper liners.set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt.set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat butter till light and fluffy.with mixer on high., gradually beat in sugar till light -- then beat in molasses, lower the mixer speed to medium, stir the baking soda into the boiling water, beat into the butter mixture, lower speed to low.
- Sift the flour mixture, a third at a time, over the butter mixture and beat in just till blended.
- Beat in the eggs, pour batter into the prepared pan, bake until the tops of cakes are firm and springy.about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the muffin tins on wire racks.