Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious gingery cookie that bakes up crisp. Nice baked into lovely shapes and iced using royal icing. A real bonus is that these tasty little cookies are also gluten free!!!!!
- 473.18 ml gluten-free flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 125 g butter
- 59.14 ml golden syrup
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- In a bowl cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add golden syrup and egg and mix till combined.
- In a seperate bowl sift together all the dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix together and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- roll out to 5mm thickness and then cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake in 170 degree celsius oven for approx 15 minutes or till well browned.
- Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to cooking racks.
- when cool ice with royal icing or any hard setting icing.
Loved this recipe! Here's some helpful info if you're American though: 125g of butter is roughly 1/2C plus 1T. We also don't have golden syrup here so I used 1/4C of Molasses instead. After reading the comments, I added more spice too: 1/4t each of allspice and ground cloves. Baked at 350 for 9 minutes. Perfection!
This is the best gingerbread ever!! And the only recipe I could find that didnt need molasses. Awesome, thank you :)
This cookies recipe is so easy and delicious. I have tried many different recipes for Gingerbread, this was by far my best experience. They look as great as they taste, that is my favorite part. I made them with my kids and the had a blast making pretty cookies!