Prep1 hr 15 mins
A delicious gingery cookie that bakes up crisp. Nice baked into lovely shapes and iced using royal icing. A real bonus is that these tasty little cookies are also gluten free!!!!!
- In a bowl cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Add golden syrup and egg and mix till combined.
- In a seperate bowl sift together all the dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix together and then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and place onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- roll out to 5mm thickness and then cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Bake in 170 degree celsius oven for approx 15 minutes or till well browned.
- Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to cooking racks.
- when cool ice with royal icing or any hard setting icing.