This one is from Better Homes and Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bown, beat shortening with an electric mixer, on medium to high speed.
- 2Add sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat till combined, scraping bowl.
- 3Beat in molasses, egg and vinegar till combined.
- 4Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
- 5Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for 3 hours or till easy to handle.
- 6Grease a cookie sheet; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the doug at a t time to 1/8 inch thick. Using a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes. Place 1 inch apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- 7Bake in a 375 F oven for 5-6, minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. If desired, decorate cookies with icing and candy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (758 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.0 g