Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A holiday favorite =)
Make and share this Gingerbread Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together applesauce and sugar until smooth. Stir in molasses and egg yolk.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix into dry ingredients.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out dough (1/4 inch thick) on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Decorate when cool.