This is a great last second gift. Put this is a one quart canning jar - use a gingerbread themed fabric to decorate the lid and attach a cookie cutter with a ribbon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking powder and baking soda. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon and allspice. In a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar, layer the ingredients starting with the flour and baking powder/soda mixture, then the brown sugar and finally the flour and spice mixture. Pack firmly between layers.
- 2Attach a card to the jar with the following directions: Gingerbread Cookies.
- 31. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. Mix in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1 slightly beaten egg. Dough will be very stiff, so you may need to use your hands. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 42. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 53. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 64. Bake for 10-12 minutes Decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Cookie Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2454.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1724.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 556.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 213.0 g
- Protein 45.8 g