Recipe by Ceezie
This is a great last second gift. Put this is a one quart canning jar - use a gingerbread themed fabric to decorate the lid and attach a cookie cutter with a ribbon.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking powder and baking soda. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon and allspice. In a 1 quart wide mouth canning jar, layer the ingredients starting with the flour and baking powder/soda mixture, then the brown sugar and finally the flour and spice mixture. Pack firmly between layers.
- Attach a card to the jar with the following directions: Gingerbread Cookies.
- 1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. Mix in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses and 1 slightly beaten egg. Dough will be very stiff, so you may need to use your hands. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes Decorate as desired.