Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy BettyCrocker.com
Gingerbread Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Gingerbread Cookie Cocktail
- orange wedge
- brown sugar
- 1 ounce Gingerbread Simple Syrup (2 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka (2 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce half-and-half (2 tablespoons)
- 1⁄2 ounce coffee liqueur (1 tablespoon)
- To make Gingerbread Simple Syrup, mix sugar, water, molasses, gingerroot, cinnamon sticks and cloves in 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside 1 hour to cool. Strain into glass jar; discard spices. Cover jar, and refrigerate until needed. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- To garnish glass, moisten rim of chilled martini glass with orange wedge. Sprinkle brown sugar onto small plate, and dip moistened rim into the sugar to coat lightly.
- To prepare cocktail, fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add gingerbread simple syrup, vodka, half-and-half and coffee liqueur; cover and shake. Pour into martini glass.