Prep 4 mins
Cook 4 mins
I make this in a French Press, but could be made with drip coffee. For hot milk, I use a glass milk-frother. Heat milk in microwave and use plunger to froth lightly. Strain milk into coffee, remove lid, and put some foam on top of coffee.
- 3 tablespoons coffee beans, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- boiling water
- milk, hot
- Put all ingredients, except water and milk, into a 12 oz. press pot. Add boiling water. Stir with chopstick or handle of wooden spoon.
- Put lid on pot and brew 4 minutes.
- Press plunger and pour coffee into large cup.
- Add hot milk to taste.
- To make with drip coffee: Brew coffee and stir in spices and molasses. Strain into cup.
Drinkable but mine tasted extremely bitter.. Is the molasses sticking too hard to the grounds or something?..
Oh, spot on! The spice mix is perfect, and the molasses give it that rich gingerbread flavor. I like to add a bit of orange zest with the spices, also. Gives it a lift like sweet orange sauce does for the regular gingerbread. Thanks!
Oh, this is too delicious. I don't normally drink my coffee sweetened but occasionally I do enjoy a foo-foo cup of coffee. This one is pure bliss. I poured a large cup this morning and poured the rest into a thermos but did not have time to drink it. As I emptied my bag tonight I found the thermos with luke warm coffee - poured a cup and popped it in the microwave. I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning when I will make this again. Made and enjoyed on a chilly Michigan December morning.