Prep 4 mins
Cook 4 mins
I make this in a French Press, but could be made with drip coffee. For hot milk, I use a glass milk-frother. Heat milk in microwave and use plunger to froth lightly. Strain milk into coffee, remove lid, and put some foam on top of coffee.
- 3 tablespoons coffee beans, coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- boiling water
- milk, hot
- Put all ingredients, except water and milk, into a 12 oz. press pot. Add boiling water. Stir with chopstick or handle of wooden spoon.
- Put lid on pot and brew 4 minutes.
- Press plunger and pour coffee into large cup.
- Add hot milk to taste.
- To make with drip coffee: Brew coffee and stir in spices and molasses. Strain into cup.
Oh, spot on! The spice mix is perfect, and the molasses give it that rich gingerbread flavor. I like to add a bit of orange zest with the spices, also. Gives it a lift like sweet orange sauce does for the regular gingerbread. Thanks!
Oh, this is too delicious. I don't normally drink my coffee sweetened but occasionally I do enjoy a foo-foo cup of coffee. This one is pure bliss. I poured a large cup this morning and poured the rest into a thermos but did not have time to drink it. As I emptied my bag tonight I found the thermos with luke warm coffee - poured a cup and popped it in the microwave. I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning when I will make this again. Made and enjoyed on a chilly Michigan December morning.
This is sooooooo yummy! Thank you for sharing. Delish!