Prep 15 mins
Cook 32 mins
warm and spicy
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 3⁄4 cup granular fructose
- 2 tablespoons decaffeinated instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup light oil (canola)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup of your favorite fruit, chopped (optional)
- sift together all the dry ingredients.
- in a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients until immulsified.
- add the dry ingredients to the wet mix all at once and mix until just combined.
- if you are adding fruit, fold it in now.
- pour the batter into a greased 8 inch square pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 32 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- cool and eat.