Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The molasses mixture can be kept on handin the fridge for visitors over the holidays!
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups hot brewed coffee
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a small bowl, mix together molasses, brown sugar, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Add about 1/4 cup coffee to each of the 6 cups.
- Stir about a tablesoon of the spice mixture intor into each cup until dissolved.
- Fill each cup to within an inch of the top with coffee.
- Stir in half and half to taste and garnish with whipped cream and ground cloves.
Delicious! Having the molasses mixture ready to go in the fridge made this quick and easy to fix. Sweet with a nice balance of spices. Instead of half and hald and whipped cream I used vanilla soy milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a 10-Star coffee treat! I took Boomette's advice and reduced the brown sugar down to 2-teaspoons worth. I figured if it wasn't sweet enough I could always add more brown sugar, but it was perfect. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2009 Potluck tag. :D
The first sip, I said Yum! But while drinking it, I felt like it was too sweet. I made it only for 1 cup and didn't take the time to put it in the fridge. So next time I will not use brown sugar cause with the molasses it will be sweet enough. I used a little bit of half and half cream in it. But didn't use whipped cream on top cause I didn't have any leftover. Thanks mom2rose :)