1 hr 10 mins
This elegant version of gingerbread is a satisfying end to a fall meal and very delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 small ripe pear, peeled, cored, puree in a blender to make 3/4 cup puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark molasses
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- 3Combine the flour, soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- 4Combine the pear puree and buttermilk in a bowl and mix well.
- 5Beat the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- 6Add the molasses and beat until blended.
- 7Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; the batter will appear curdled.
- 8Add the flour alternately with the pear mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl frequently to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- 9Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- 10Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or untila wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cake begins to pull away from the side of the pan.
- 11Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove to a wire rack.
- 13Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 14Beat the whipping cream, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- 15Slice the cake and arranges on individual dessert plates, topped with the whipped cream and caramelized pears.
- 16For the pears: Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet until sizzling.
- 17Add the pears and toss to coat.
- 18Sprinkle with the sugar and stir.
- 19Cook for 10 minutes until the pears are caramelized and tender, stirring gently.
- 20Remove and let stand until room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Cake With Caramelized Pears
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.7
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 144.8 mg
- Sodium 397.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 41.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g