Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
You're going to love this one! My gluten free flour mix is posted on here.
- 2 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, baking powder, sugar, salt and xanthan gum.
- In a smaller bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the molasses, sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Beat at medium speed until blended, about two minutes.
- Pour the batter into a greased and rice flour dusted 8" x 8" cake pan.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minute or until top cracks.
- Let cool in pan.
- Serve hot or cold.
This is better than any gingerbread cake than I've ever eaten - gluten free or not !
I made the recipe exactly as called for. I'm not a fan of super-sweet desserts, but this just tasted a little "off" to me, a bit too savory. I was a little alarmed at the inclusion of mayonnaise as part of the recipe. I may try it next time by replacing the mayo with ricotta cheese, but I definitely wouldn't make it again as is.
I loved this recipe! It tasted wonderful. I have to admit I like spicier so I added a little more here and there in the spices. However, it was the fluffiest cake I have made yet of a gluten free recipe. Thank you. It will be one of the key ingredents in my pumpkin trifle this week.