Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from the Pillsbury Family Cookbook
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease (not oil) bottom only of 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For gingerbread muffins: use 12 paper baking cups in muffin tin instead of square pan and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
This was so simple to put together but all so tasty. It was a nice treat.