Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wanted to cut back on some calories. Got the beginings of this from Splenda. This is the result.
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular (Granular)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Pour applesauce, molasses and oil into a large bowl; add eggs.
- Stir well.
- In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to applesauce mixture; stir well.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool cake in pan on a wire rack about 20 minutes. Invert cake on serving plate.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or ground Splenda if desired.
Very good. I found this on the Splenda web site, and was going to post, but then found that you had already. I used allspice, instead of cloves, because all I had was whole cloves and I was too lazy to grind some :) I served this with a dollop of non-fat, sugar-free lemon yogurt.