Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the 2009 cookbook, Gingerbread.
Top Review by xanda51-todo
I made this recipe with leftover gingerbread. I think it would have been better if I had torn the bread into chunks. There was not enough " pudding" for my taste but the flavor was very good.
- 453.59 g gingerbread cake, day-old, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- 4 large eggs
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Lay the gingerbread slices, overlapping, in the prepared dish, then sprinkle the dried cranberries over the slices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt & vanilla extract, then pour this mixture over the gingerbread, gently pressing the pieces of cake into the custard, before setting the baking dish aside for 10 minutes.
- Set the bread pudding on a baking sheet & bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until it is puffed & golden.
- It can be served hot, at room temperature or cold.