1/1 Photo of Gingerbread Bread Pudding
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original of this slightly tweaked recipe was found in the 2009 cookbook, Gingerbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- 2Lay the gingerbread slices, overlapping, in the prepared dish, then sprinkle the dried cranberries over the slices.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt & vanilla extract, then pour this mixture over the gingerbread, gently pressing the pieces of cake into the custard, before setting the baking dish aside for 10 minutes.
- 4Set the bread pudding on a baking sheet & bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until it is puffed & golden.
- 5It can be served hot, at room temperature or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.2
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: