1/1 Photo of Gingerbread Bowl
4 hrs 20 mins
out of here's Note:
This is a cute way to use gingerbread-makes your house smell yummy. Makes a unique gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light molasses
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3 large eggs
- 8 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 1 minute. With the mixer running, add molasses, corn syrup, vanilla and orange extract.
- 2Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is well combined. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients with a whisk.
- 3Add flour mixture gradually to creamed mixture-the dough will be very stiff, so I used my hands to get all the flour incorporated.
- 4Divide the dough into thirds and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill overnight.
- 5Remove dough from the fridge and let stand at room temperature about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Cover the outside of any ovenproof bowl, with tin foil, bringing foil over the edges to the inside. Make sure foil is on very smoothly. Spray the entire bowl with a non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- 7On floured surface, roll a third of the dough into a circle 3/16-inch thick. Immediately lift dough and press on to outside of bowl, molding firmly to shape of bowl without stretching it. I use the palms of my hands to smooth any cracks.
- 8Trim dough around the edge of bowl with sharp knife, then using a cookie cutter, like a heart or a star, cut out stars around the lipped edge of the bowl about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 9Refrigerate bowl for 1 1/2 hours; this firms up the dough.
- 10Place inverted bowl on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- 11Allow the gingerbread to cool on bowl.
- 12When completely cool, carefully loosen foil and lift foil and gingerbread shell off the bowl. Peel off foil from shell.
- 13A tip I have learned is to use smaller bowls--much easier to remove. I broke a large one. Have fun, I did!
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (2103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2604.8
- Calories from Fat 630
- Total Fat 70.1 g
- Saturated Fat 41.0 g
- Cholesterol 374.1 mg
- Sodium 2278.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 451.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 130.8 g
- Protein 43.7 g